Intensive Spanish courses
Personal data protection
Protection of personal data
Gran Canaria School of Languages, S.L.U., hereinafter Gran Canaria School, informs all its customers and users:
At Gran Canaria School your privacy and the security of your personal data are our priority. Trust and respect is the basis of our business relationship. Without these elements we could not achieve our objectives.
Below we inform you of the details and how we treat your personal data at Gran Canaria School.
Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?
It is Gran Canaria School of Languages, S.L.U., with address at C/ Dr. Grau Bassas 27, E-35007 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. E-mail address email@example.com.
What do we use your data for?
The information provided by customers is processed for the correct development and purposes of business and professional activity, for the defence of the rights and professional interests of customers, and specifically:
- Customer registration and reservations,
- Reservation management,
- Billing and collection management,
- Management of training actions,
- Management of commercial actions (offers, discounts) of the services we offer,
- Sending of communications related to the exercise of our business activity,
- Statistical purposes.
Why do we use your personal data?
Below we explain the legal basis that allows us to use your data:
- When you give us your consent.
- Within the commercial contractual relationship.
- In order to better meet your expectations and we can increase your level of customer satisfaction by developing and improving the quality of the services we provide that may be of interest to you.
- Develop business actions in general, and in particular, offer and/or recommend products and services that are part of the Gran Canaria School portfolio, which may be of interest to you, taking into account what you have contracted or requested in the past.
- In the event of non-payment, communicate your data to companies of wealth solvency.
- Also, Gran Canaria School wants to maintain a close and familiar relationship with its customers so that during or after our business/service relationship we could congratulate you on your anniversary, celebrations, etc.
These reasons respect your right to the protection of personal data, to personal and family honour and privacy. At Gran Canaria School we assure our customers that their personal data will be used anonymously (applying security measures and techniques that guarantee confidentiality and prevent their identification) so that we can improve the services we provide to the people we serve and of which you are a part.
You can always exercise your right of access, rectification, deletion, opposition, limitation and purpose if you consider it appropriate by writing to our E-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long will we keep your personal data?
It depends on the type of data being processed:
The personal data provided will be kept for as long as you are an active customer or, if applicable, until the end of the business relationship, for the duration of the legal taxes and/or business obligations.
Whom will we pass on your data?
We will not pass on your personal data to third parties, unless we are obliged to do so by law or you have given your express, clear and unequivocal consent. There will also be no international data transfers.
In any case, data shall be communicated or transferred to:
- Transport companies or transfer services from Gran Canaria airport. It is obligatory to provide the personal data of the passenger when this service is contracted.
- Medical, hospital or emergency services, if these are necessary.
- Any other that may result from the regulations in force.
What are your rights when you give us your personal data? Where to exercise them?
Any customer has the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not we at Gran Canaria School are processing personal data concerning him/her. Customers have the right to access their personal data, as well as the right to request the rectification of inaccurate data or, where appropriate, to request the deletion of their data when, among other reasons, the data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
In certain circumstances, customers may request a restriction on the processing of their data, in which case we will only retain them for the purpose of exercising or defending claims. You may request to limit treatment in the following cases:
- While the accuracy of your data is being disputed.
- When the processing is unlawful, but you object to the deletion of the data.
- When Gran Canaria School does not need to process your data, but you need them for the exercise or defence of your claims.
- When you have opposed the processing of your data for the fulfilment of a task of public interest or for the satisfaction of a legitimate interest, while it is being verified whether the reasons for the legitimate interest for the processing prevail over your own.
- In certain circumstances and for reasons relating to their particular situation, customers may oppose the processing of their data. Gran Canaria School will no longer process the data, except for legitimate reasons, or exercise or defend any possible claims.
- We remind you of your right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your data at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on your prior consent to the withdrawal.
Finally, we remind you of your right to file a complaint with the Spanish Data Protection Agency (www.agpd.es), if you consider that the processing of your data does not comply with European regulations.
You can exercise your rights by proving your identity (photocopy of your ID card) and sending an email to email@example.com. The exercise of these rights is free of charge.
You can also withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the treatment by sending your request to the above address or by going to the central offices of Gran Canaria School. Remember to include your ID card with your application or equivalent document proving your identity.
Yo no sabía hablar español antes de venir a esta escuela y mi madre también estuvo aquí.
Ragnar Ingi Ragnersson, Islandia.